It is better to read the Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Manual before installation. However, if you don’t find the manual that came along with your Harbor Breeze ceiling fan, it can be a little hard for you to search it on internet. That’s why I have gathered manuals of most of the Harbor Breeze Fans and listed them here for you. They are available in PDF format and readily available to view online. If your desired model is missing in the list given below, let me know in the comment section. I will add it as soon as possible.
Search Your Model of Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan
Installation Tips for Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan
You should make sure to select the correct model when installing, there are a few things that should be taken into consideration before getting into the process.
1. You should pick the size of the ceiling fan depending on the size of your room. For a large room dimension of 12 feet or less, a 36-inch diameter ceiling fan is recommended.
2. For the successful mounting of your fan, read all the instructions very carefully on the Harbor breeze fan manual. The wiring to the fan should be complete as the ceiling fan is usually a replacement for the existing light fixtures. It is important that all the wiring should adhere to the national and local codes.
3. Your Harbour Breeze ceiling fan must be mounted 7 feet above the floor and there should not be any obstruction within the 24 inches of the blade tips.
4. If your old outlet box is not approved for ceiling fans then you need a proper junction that could support the moving weight of the fan.
5. Safe and a secure mounting bracket is essential for the installation of your ceiling fan. Make sure to install your mounting bracket correctly.
6. There are many lengths of downrod available for your ceiling fan, choose the one that fits with your architecture. In some cases, the mounting can also be done without the use of a downrod that keeps the fan closer to the ceiling.
7. While attaching your Harbor Breeze ceiling fan blades, make sure that the screws are safely tightened.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the model number on a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
It is found on the motor of the fan and on the inside of the battery compartment cover of the included remote.
2. Can you install a ceiling fan without a switch?
Yes, it can be done. You can add a remote module if you install the ceiling fan without a switch.
3. Are Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay the same company?
No, they are not same.